Thursday, March 17, 2011

4HB Week 3

I'm on my third week of 4hb but I thought I would treat it like my first week. My first and second week were full of 4hb diet disasters: hormones like crazy, bloating, too many almonds, not eating until atleast 2 hrs after I woke up, and not drinking enough water.

I was disappointed when I stepped on the scale this morning, after doing everything I thought was right this week, I didn't show a huge improvement. I'm still stuck at my original 4 lb loss (from week 1!). After a little bit of a freak out, and thinking I'm done with the diet, here are the things I think I'm *still* doing wrong... Please comment if you have advice!

1. Still not drinking enough water.
2. Eating TOO much. I really stuff myself at each meal. I've never liked the feeling of being hungry.
Sample meals:
Breakfast:
-1 egg + 3 egg whites
-3 scoops spinach
-3 scoops of a mixture of rotel and black beans
-3 pcs of turkey bacon
Lunch:
-either an entire chipotle bowl (beans, chicken, lettuce, salsa, guac)
OR
-1/2 lb of ground chicken plus black beans, rotel, lettuce
2nd Lunch:
- mug or mug and a half of chicken and bean soup
Dinner:
-Either a repeat of breakfast or a salad, minus the beans
3. cheating too much on cheat day.
-I've never really eaten badly, just again probably ate too much. I have this need to stuff my face till I feel like like I'm going to puke on cheat day. Most likely this isn't needed. This week I'm going to try to make smart choices, and not just have a free for all. Maybe limit to 1 dessert?? I feel like if it's too good to be true, it probably is!
4. Haven't done cheat day right
-I wasn't drinking enough water on cheat day, or doing the jump squats. This I will try this week.

So, I'm going to give it a few more weeks. I read on another post someone tried doing a cheat day every other week and noticed instant results. I just can't believe with all the changes I have made I'm not dropping weight like crazy (no chocolate!!).

Anyway wish me luck.. and Thanks for the support! Open for all suggestions!!

2 comments:

  1. How strange. Your first paragraph is EXACTLY what I went through on my first three weeks! And then sometime between 4-5th week, I totally fell off the 4HB wagon, so this week I've been on it again. Afraid to weigh in, because I fear there still won't be any further change from my initial 4-5 lbs lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say, your first two paragraphs....

    It can't hurt to drink even more water... water is the solution to a lot of health problems, I think. I need to remember more water, too. I also wonder about the right way to do cheat day. I'm a bit skeptical of the idea of eating whatever we want or stuffing ourselves... for some ppl it might make it harder to get back on the diet the next day. I like my 2 moderated cheatdays in a row, but haven't tried long enough to see how it affects weight loss.

    ReplyDelete