Sunday, March 27, 2011

The corny diet :)

I had a few "aha" moments this week. I also had a few minor freak outs! Most revolved around my diet. For the last 4 weeks I was trying the 4 hour body diet- a slow carb diet. I lost 4 pounds in the first week and never lost anymore along the way. (Why does the number 4 keep popping up? I need to play the lottery). By the end of last week I did not want to look at BEANS anymore! I didn't feel the diet was working for me. I also felt like I was eating a lot more than I usually would, and I really missed fruit! Someone that also will not be mentioned is currently doing a high fat diet- very similar to Atkins. That means full fat mayos, dressings, cheeses, etc. I haven't had full fat mayo in years. I tried it for 1 day and my stomach totally rejected it! Yes, with anything you have to give it a fair chance, but I realized I need to stop! breathe! and listen to my body! I've done Atkins before, and I lost a lot of weight, but that's when I had a lot of weight to lose. I also don't remember feeling very healthy while doing it- eating eggs, bacon, cheese, pepperoni. I pretty much felt gross but weight was melting off! Thinking back, when I felt the best, was when I first got out of college. I was hitting the gym 5-6 days a week, and eating what I knew I should be eating. I was in the best shape of my life so far. Think about it- we all know what we "should" eat. If we're making excuses of why we should be eating something, we shouldn't be eating it! So, this week I start with doing the "Lorian" diet (corny I know, but I haven't put a lot of thought in the name). I went out yesterday and bought wheat bread (gasp, carbs!) watermelon, strawberries, pineapples, grapes, apples, greek yogurt, veggies, tuna, chicken, etc. I'm going to go back to eating what I feel is what I should be eating, and hitting the gym harder- no more excuses! I hope I get back to the shape I was before, but what I realized is there is no "quick fix"! Any diet where I feel I have to deprive myself eventually has an end date and usually has a freak out moment. I have a bunch of different people in my life that are putting unneeded stress on me. I need to block them out and put the emphasis on me! (Easier said than done but I'm working on it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment