Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good Finds vs. Bad Finds

Just a few thoughts on good places to eat vs. Bad places to eat for a vegetarian/vegan

my #1 good place to eat: Panera
-you can always find something fresh
my picks:
Veggie sandwhich w/out the feta.. the bread is awesome, and its made with a red pepper hummus, yum!
Veggie soup w/ pesto= delish!
Creamy tomato soup (for vegetarians, not vegan).. this is really good, and filling
#2 Sushi
whether your a vegetarian or vegan, you can always create a yummy roll
get it with brown rice and it tastes even better and is healthier
My picks: Mikado in Mooorestown, the shop rite in Mt. Laurel, and actually the sushi to go place in the cherry hill mall food court.. they roll it right in front of you.
#3 pei wei
Many vegetarian options with tofu and brown rice.. delish!
#4 grocery stores
Trader Joes, whole foods, wegmans, shop rite and Target
Even target carries a bunch of the morningstar products, and they're cheap there
Trader Joes is a vegetarian/vegan heaven. I go once a month and stock up. And they're cheap!

Stay away from:
1. TGIFridays
I could barely find anything to eat there, everything is loaded with either chicken or cheese
2. The Tropicana
After spending a night there drinking and just wanting to get a bite to eat before heading home, I could not find ANYTHING unless I wanted to eat lettuce. Very disappointing. I was ready to eat at hooters in they only carried veggie burgers!!
3. Takeout
Good luck finding something from the local pizzeria that you can eat. My fall back is a tomato pie. Mikes in delran actually has really good fried eggplant. So if you want something 'bad' for you, go for the Tomato pie w/ eggplant.

Please feel free to add your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment